Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Blog a ma jig Fender tweed deluxe build 5e3


Ok so, I've had a few attempts over the years as a musician to build some of my own gear. These attempts have been fraught with apathy as the initial buzz wears off here is the latest try.

First off what we have here is a copy or clone if you will, of a 1957 Fender tweed deluxe, otherwise known as a 5e3- I can go into why its called a 5e3, but you will need to care about stuff.
Got some plans on the interwebs, got some lumber form the local corporate hardware store. Drew up said plans on the kitchen table (I'm sure Leo did it this way - authenticity is the key to a great sounding amp I'm told) and took them to a local backyard carpenter to chop it up.

 Chopped up and laid out.

 

 Assembled with baffle mock up, no speaker hole cut out - naughty.

The next move is to get some of the joinery done. I had a look on youtube on how to make a dovetail join and thought to myself my good mate Mitch, keeper of all good tools, workshop and shit hot carpentry skills will be able to help me out here so, at the moment, the bits of wood are now sitting with him waiting to meet his router and dovetail jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment